Call for poster abstracts
In biomedical innovation, the science is advancing faster than the system. System barriers delay—even prevent—patients’ access to biomedical innovations. Are you ready to innovate how we innovate?
The Next Wave Forum will bring together thought leaders across sectors to shape an evolving vision, and draw the roadmap, for a better biomedical innovation system.
Forum host MIT NEWDIGS and poster competition sponsor the MIT Sloan Initiative for Health Systems Innovation invite undergrads, graduate students, and post-docs to exhibit posters on their work or research related to sustainable patient-centered biomedical and healthcare innovation. Posters can present research, inventions or products, new concepts, or even new business ideas. Selected exhibitors will join Forum participants at an invitation-only networking session, and two posters will be awarded cash prizes, one $1000 top prize and a $500 second place.
Exhibitors will be invited based on abstract submissions (form below).
The biomedical innovation ecosystem is incredibly complex, presenting opportunities for improvement across many areas. Poster proposals can address any area related to the main theme of sustainable patient-centered biomedical and healthcare innovation, such as:
- Data and decision-making
- Policy innovation and evaluation
- Innovation system design and management
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Healthcare financing and reimbursement
This is not an exclusive topic list…please feel free to propose a different topic related to the overarching challenge! Email us as email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers at MIT
- Submissions may be individuals or small teams (Please note: Though teams may be of any size, a maximum of three team members will be invited to networking session)
- Maximum size: 36″ wide x 48″ high (Please note: Due to the size of the display panels, posters wider than 36″ will not be displayed)
- Foam-core mounting and lamination optional
- November 1, midnight: Abstract submission deadline
- November 6: Admission notification
- December 12, 4pm: Final posters delivered and installed Marriott